Sunday, December 16, 2012

Skin79 BB Cream Review



Hi guys,




Here is a detailed review of four Skin79 BB creams that I purchased recently from yesstyle.com. They came in sample sizes, each lasting a week or more (depending on the amount you personally use). I was really excited to test these because sampling new products is a great way to find the perfect fit for your skin type and discover new products, but also a way to avoid purchasing a large package of a product that ends up being a bad fit!



First, we have the Super Plus BB Triple Perfection that comes in a fun hot pink package. 




It lists that it has whitening, wrinkle improvement and UV protection features; its consistency is also thicker than the other BB creams I have used over time. However, it doesn’t feel heavy on the skin and I can even say that it blends perfectly despite its thicker texture. What I love about this BB cream is that it can instantly make the skin look more illuminated and well-rested and it can also double up as concealer. I have even used it as a primer for my lids (I have pretty oily lids) and it has worked, because of its texture. I can’t say I saw much of a wrinkle improvement while using this product, but maybe it needs more than a week of using to see a difference. However, it instantly makes dark circles and redness go away which contributes to a more well-rested and natural look without whitening the face.


Next we have the Super Plus BB Cream – VIP Gold Collection. 




This BB creams focuses more on improving wrinkles and protecting the skin from UV exposure due to its golden caviar extracts. Its texture is similar to the Triple Perfection BB cream listed above, offering perfect coverage, evening of the skin tone, illumination and moisture. However, this BB cream's action does focus more on wrinkles and after only a week of using it, I can say I have seen a small improvement on the wrinkles and small marks around my eye area. My problem wasn’t big to begin with, so perhaps this isn’t a product for someone looking to cure deeper-set wrinkles but none the less, I was impressed by how this product worked with my skin. Overall, the difference between the hot pink Triple Function BB cream and the VIP Gold Collection BB Cream is not huge, so don’t worry too much on missing something out by not trying them both :P 


This is the Diamond Collection – The Prestige BB cream. 





So, this is one of my favorite BB creams to this day, even though I am now torn between this and the Triple Function/VIP Gold BB creams.  I have talked about this BB cream in a previous post where I compared and contrasted it with the Boscia BB cream, so I won’t say much. I will add however, that the consistency is less thick than the Triple Function/VIP Gold BB creams and you might sometimes need to double it up to cover certain areas. Its texture is great, very nourishing and moisturizing and it also has caviar, Adenogen, Butene, Aloe extracts, Latin America Hadatamo, Peptide MX Complex, Lotus extracts and a variety of other elements that aim to restore the skin, hydrate, protect and maintain elasticity. Still, one of my favorite BB creams to date.


Lastly, the fourth BB cream is the BB Diamond Collection Pearl – Luminous Beblesh Balm. 




This BB cream has shimmering/glitter features... Not a fan of these products at all. Glitter is ok ONLY on Halloween or if your profession requires it for some reason… Otherwise, you just look like you did something illegal to a pixie fairy... Overall, not practical at all, however this is why samples exist. If you bought this at a store or (worse) ordered it online without getting a chance to test it out at all, that would’ve been money down the drain… None the less, if you do end up with this product and you’re not into the whole “Tinkerbelle face” thing, I figured out a way to use it productively: as an eyelid primer. If anything it ends up looking like a glittering eye shadow and it adds a little extra to your eye makeup without looking overdone ;)


*S 

No comments:

Post a Comment